Monday, March 27, 2006

Chikkun, Mutton, Phiss!!

"Ham Cheese,Ham burger, sos ,potato chip-chip-chip, sos, potato chip-chip-chip, cream roll, mutton roll, chicken roll, YUMM!"

When I was little (below 6), I always made a face after the word "yumm". Sometimes I even converted it to "ham" again. Guess why?? I was a STINKIN' VEGETARIAN then!!!! Yup, I was thoroughly DISGUSTED at the thought of eating an animal which had been killed by force. Then everything changed. One day my brother convinced me to have a piece of chiken from his dish...and thats it.....i was in LOVE with it!! Since then I have remained as one of those irritating young kids of my brahmin family who eats non-vegetarian. "Chi!Chi!! How can you eat all that?? You shouldnt be doing all this...what healthy, educated children you all are!"- Those were the repeated, repeated words of my grandmom, who detested the fact that we actually eat non-vegetarian. Till lately, I have been enjoying it. A LOT. Of course, I did know about anuimal cruelty, and even though my mum has nothing against it, she still doesnt encourage it too much.

But I still loved it.

Untill.............. we (Science club, 8th std) went for this doccumentary thing in KFI. They showed us one on animal cruelty. The doccumentary, apparently, had been shot at different places around India, where the killing of the animals was just another job for them. They showed us how they stabbed live rabbits, tore off their skin and showed us the flesh. They showed us how they cut off the legs of the live goat and tore the skin off again. They showed us how they brought down the elephanth and tore off the tusks. They showed us how they killed PUPPIES. The showed us how the chickens which are kept in the cages are de-capitated/mutilated before they are served as our YUMMMY chicken tikkas.
Really, how do you expect me to stay an un-guilty, happy non-vegetarian after that??? So, to my mum's delight, I made an effort to avoid eating STUFF as much as I could. Trust me, its not easy. Not easy at alll! But with bird flu and all, my dad is anyway not letting us have it anyway. That, in a way, helps, because I mostly only eat chicken. But still, when you go to a place like Mary Brown, with your best friend, with whom you have been sharing yummy-yummy chikkun dishus with for the past three years, its not easy to back off. Plus, theres an enlarged photo of a fried chicken right in front of you. AAAAAAAARRRGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, believe it or not, I managed to get out of the place carrying only one non-vegetarian dish, which was for my friend, and ended up eating only one vaai of her burger. Thats an improvement. I am proud of my self. But it just HAS to happen some time......................... I go to Tibbs (Frankie) in the evening with her and we're standing there, trying to decide what to have. At that time, there was this WAR that was going on im my head. Do I eat it? Do I just stick to cheese?
At that time, I think of what my WISE friend said to me. " Eat, eat. You're anyway maintaining ecological balance!!". Ohhh, that did it. " Ek cheese, do tawa chikken", I told the guy.
I CANT TAKE ITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me what to do!!!!! As of now, I completely detest myself. And it would even be alright if I had enjoyed it. Noooo..... I'm sitting here,right after finishing that whole frankie, feeling SICKK!!PUKE!! VOMIT!!AAYUSH!!VAANDI!!

Oh, god, save me!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Aashirwad Viswanathan Anand said...

I repeat, as I always do, that there's nothing wrong in eating non-vegetarian food, so long as it is obtained in a not-so-cruel manner. It's nature's law. Plants use sunlight. Rabbits and deer eat plants and tigers and vultures eat the rabbits and deer. We humans happen to fall under the tertiary consumer category. Why, then, are we trying to propogate vegetarianism? It's just violating the laws of nature, just like the other activities we humans undertake in order to live a prosperous life.

12:01 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger The Morning Sun said...

But aash, how the heck would I know id the flesh I'm gonna sink my teeth into is the flesh of an alread-dead chicken, or one which has been cruelly mutilated??
I mean, doesnt that run in your head when you're about to eat it??

(Vomit)

12:04 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger ««ºP®åđđŷº»» said...

LoL...so are u a vegetarian or non vegetarian at the moment??...Aah..i used to eat a lil of it until i put my dumb poonal..stopped eating it den..my mom is totally against it as when she was yung she saw a live goat and chicken being cut into pieces and cooked...YUCK..both my parents have eaten non veg before though...

12:05 AM, March 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Praddy, I was a vegetarian at 12 in the afternoon, and then became non-veg at 7 in the night. Thats what im so BLOODY confused about!!!!!!!!

Drish: to lazy to sign in

12:07 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger Aashirwad Viswanathan Anand said...

the only way to know the difference is to do it yourself then, drish

1:02 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger The Used said...

as the person rightly said, we non-vegetarians are maintainin the ecological balance...if every personthinks the way you think, then the number of chickens would be so high that it was cause a disaster...but again it si your choice and ma wrd, dont b a fool n stop eating.

8:17 PM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger sfdhbvfid said...

youre stupid to let that presentation bother you so much ... i mean, ok, dead chicken. so what? think about the taste! the rich sliminess (well i cant describe very well the taste of chicken so ill just stop here). like i said before, theres no point stopping. if you stop, someone out there is gonna start so youre not making a difference!! youre maintaining ecological balance. face it. you were meant to be non veg. dont go against fate, desire will anyway weave you in like with the chicken burger.

8:19 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger sfdhbvfid said...

:D

8:20 PM, March 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha12!! Finally, the hottie:D leaes a comment that is worth remembering. Thre cheers to punzy!(and Im not gonna hip-hip.)

Can you please, for gods sake, update your stoopid blog? You dont even nee to make sense. You can just blabber!!pleeeaseee!!

PS: check out my counter:D

Dai- to lazy to bloody sign in!!

9:56 PM, March 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm commenting on this 'wonderful' post because like you, I was made to attend the very same presentation in KFI. Your idea of things is skewed because of one little visual thing you saw on a screen.
I assure you that the cruelty animals face in the process of humans aquiring meat, is exaggerated to a large extent. If you've taken time thinking about this and arrived at a definite conclusion, I'd appreciate your decision, but I simply cannot understand how a small presentation like that chenged your mind. I certainly didn't find anything revolutionary about what I saw.
As Homcidalmaniac rightly pointed out, it's only natural that humans consume meat. As individuals, you and I can avoid eating non-vegetarian food, but on a large scale, it is impossible to convince everyone to do the same. It would be as silly as suggesting that G.W.Bush should take rational decisions for America.

2:39 PM, March 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Changed*

2:39 PM, March 31, 2006  
Blogger The Morning Sun said...

Thank you, brother, for those words of wisdom.

6:05 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger N said...

I saw the same thing in KFI when I was in the 8th standard. Sick video.

1:18 AM, July 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Countdown to The first day of school


Online